Global Aviation Biofuel Initiatives Database
European Advanced Biofuels Flight Path Initiative
Commercialization of aviation biofuels
1. Facilitate the development of standards for drop-in biofuels and their certification for use in commercial aircrafts;
2. Work together with the full supply chain to further develop worldwide accepted sustainability certification frameworks
3. Agree on biofuel take-off arrangements over a defined period of time and at a reasonable cost;
4. Promote appropriate public and private actions to ensure the market uptake of paraffinic biofuels by the aviation sector;
5. Establish financing structures to facilitate the realization of 2G biofuel projects;
6. Accelerate targeted research and innovation for advanced biofuel technologies, and especially algae.
7. Take concrete actions to inform the European citizen of the benefits of replacing kerosene by certified sustainable biofuels.
Key Stakeholders Involved:
EU (DG Energy) , Airbus, Air France/KLM, British Airways, Lufthansa, Choren, Neste Oil, Honeywell UOP, Biomass Technology Group
European Union countries
Type of Feedstock:
Back to repository start page