Broadband adoption, technological advances and decreased operating costs have pushed the IT, Telecommunications and Media and Entertainment industries into a period of great flux. As they converge, they are forming a space we could call the Digital Ecosystem. This emerging Digital Ecosystem is generating many risks and challenges for government policies, as well as presenting new opportunities for creating social and economic value. Just as any healthy ecosystem enables its stakeholders to interact to the benefit of all, a healthy ...
Global Growth Companies
Global Growth Companies (GGCs) are the most dynamic, high-growth companies from around the world. They are best described as the trailblazers, shapers and innovators that are committed to improving the state of the world. Currently, GGCs come from more than 65 countries and each one has the potential to become a leader in the global economy owing to their business models, growth records, leadership and the markets they serve. The Forum has selected over 370 Members that meet these criteria.
How are GGCs identified?
The World Economic Forum invites nominations from its network of media leaders, existing GGCs, Forum Members and Partners, faculty members and the general public. Candidates are evaluated by the Forum and a selection committee composed of regional business experts.
How are potential GGCs assessed?
Potential GGCs are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Growth: Demonstrated track record of above average, sustainable growth in the past three to five years
- Impact: Major influence in their industry and national or regional competitive fields
- Leadership: Top executive team has demonstrated visionary leadership
- Global corporate citizenship: Proven commitment to positively influencing the societies and regions in which they operate
What is the value for active GGCs?
The GGC community provides the opportunity for executives from high-growth companies to connect meaningfully with other businesses as well as leaders from government, civil society and academia. This allows them to shape global, regional and industry agendas and engage in meaningful exchanges about ways to continue on a sustainable and responsible path of growth.
To nominate a potential GGC, please click on the link below:
Global Growth Company Partners and Industry Shapers
Global Growth Company Partners and Industry Shapers are key constituents of the Community. They represent the most influential and successful companies within their field and/or region.
The World Economic Forum is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Document archive for all the issues you are interested in
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies
- Redefining the Future of Growth: The New Sustainability Champions
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies - Spanish
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies - Portuguese
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies - Japanese
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies - Chinese