In his opening remarks in Dalian, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao noted: “The world economy is undergoing profound changes and transition. The future and destiny of all countries are more closely interconnected than at any time in history. We should be more forward-looking and more broad-minded.” To this end, this report attempts to capture the insights and debates that surfaced at the 2009 Summer Davos.
Global Growth Companies
The World Economic Forum has announced its selection of Global Growth Companies (GGCs) for the year 2015, consisting of 132 of the world’s most dynamic and high-growth companies. This year’s GGC Honourees represent a broad cross-section of industry sectors and share a track record of exceeding industry standards in revenue growth, promotion of innovative business practices and demonstration of leadership in corporate citizenship.
Read the press release.
Global Growth Companies (GGCs) are the most dynamic, high-growth companies from around the world. They are best described as the trailblazers, shapers and innovators that are committed to improving
Read the Global Growth Companies Shaping the Future of Business brochure here. the state of the world. Currently, GGCs come from more than 65 countries and each one has the potential to become a leader in the global economy owing to their business models, growth records, leadership and the markets they serve. The Forum has selected nearly 400 Members that meet these criteria.
How are GGCs identified?
The World Economic Forum recognizes new GGCs through a rigorous selection process. Candidates are drawn from a pool of highly qualified companies following a worldwide nomination process. Individuals with a strong understanding of companies that might qualify as a GGC are invited to submit nominations.
How are potential GGCs assessed?
Potential GGCs are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Growth: Demonstrated track record of above average, sustainable growth in the past three to five years
- Impact: Major influence in their industry and national or regional competitive fields
- Leadership: Top executive team has demonstrated visionary leadership
- Global corporate citizenship: Proven commitment to positively influencing the societies and regions in which they operate
What is the value for active GGCs?
The GGC community provides the opportunity for executives from high-growth companies to connect meaningfully with other businesses as well as leaders from government, civil society and academia. This allows them to shape global, regional and industry agendas and engage in meaningful exchanges about ways to continue on a sustainable and responsible path of growth.
To nominate a potential GGC, please click on the link below:
Global Growth Company Partners and Industry Shapers
Global Growth Company Partners and Industry Shapers are key constituents of the Community. They represent the most influential and successful companies within their field and/or region.
Document archive for all the issues you are interested in
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies
- Redefining the Future of Growth: The New Sustainability Champions
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies - Spanish
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies - Portuguese
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies - Japanese
- Trailblazers, Shapers and Innovators - Models of Success from the Community of Global Growth Companies - Chinese