The Carbon Neutral Skies project will provide a platform for stakeholders to identify economic measures to facilitate the implementation of carbon management strategies for the aviation industry that enable the industry to reach its carbon reduction goals and targets while minimizing competitive distortion among operators, countries and regions.
The Technology Pioneer Companies for 2013 are (alphabetical order): AlienVault, Anhui LIGOO New Energy Technology, Azuri Technologies, Coulomb Technologies, Enphase Energy, Ingenuity Systems, LanzaTech, Liquid Robotics, Lookout Mobile Security, mc10, Mind Candy, PassivSystems, Practice Fusion, PrimeSense, Promethean Power Systems, RightScale, shopkick, SoundCloud, Tobii Technology, Transphorm, va-Q-tec, Vidyo and Voltea
Technology Pioneers must demonstrate visionary leadership and show signs of being long-standing market leaders – their technology must be proven. Each year, hundreds of innovative companies from around the world are reviewed, with approximately 30 selected as Technology Pioneers in the following three categories:
- Information Technologies and New Media
- Energy and Environment
- Life Sciences and Health
Technology Pioneers are selected on a yearly basis through a rigorous process. A selection committee - composed of technology experts from leading academic institutions, venture capital firms and technology incubators, as well as entrepreneurs and Forum Members and Partners - evaluate candidates against the programme’s criteria.
Since 2000, more than 400 innovative companies from five continents have been selected as Technology Pioneers. Among them, the large majority are still thriving independently while others have been acquired by industry leaders.
For updates on our current activities, please visit our Technology Pioneers blog here.
Find out about the 2013 Technology Pioneers including their profiles and how they are using cutting edge technology to improve the state of the world. Here are the Technology Pioneers from 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2007.
- Seminconductor Today - Transphorm Inc. nominated as TP2-13
- IT News – World Economic Forum selected its 2013 Technology Pioneers in the areas of information technology
- Money Control.com - First Energy is also listed among the top 25 Technology Pioneers of 2012 by the World Economic Forum
- New Zealand Herald - LanzaTech lauded by world forum
- 3News New Zealand - World Economic Forum honors Lanzatech
- 3News New Zealand – LanzaTech recognized for game changing biofuel technology
- Energy Live News - UK smart homes firm wins global award
- Enhances Online news - Tobii Named 2013 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer
- The Huffington Post - Technology Pioneers 2013: World Economic Forum Names The Year's 23 Most Innovative Startups
- Tech Crunch -Shopkick, SoundCloud, And Lookout Named Technology Pioneers By The World Economic Forum
- The Herald online (California)
- USA Politics Today - World Economic Forum Recognizes Liquid Robotics' Co-Founder, Roger Hine, as One of the World's Top Technology Pioneers for 2013
- Keeping the Sea Safe from Plastic
- Adobe Adds 400 Kilowatts of Bloom Fuel Cells
- Financial Times - Solid solutions
- TechCrunch - CloudFlare, Dropbox, Palantir And Kickstarter Named Technology Pioneers By The World Economic Forum
- Narinder Singh, Appirio - Summer Davos in Dalian - Inevitability of Transformative Change
- Andrew Thompson, Proteus Biomedical - Speak Frankly, but Don't Go Over the Net
- An Italian Fuel Cell Maker That Feeds Itself Pushes into Emerging Markets
Document archive for all the issues you are interested in