Nominate a Young Global Leader
****The official deadline for nominating Young Global Leaders for the Class of 2016 has passed. Any nominations received from 1 June, 2015 onwards, will be considered for the Class of 2017.
The Forum of Young Global Leaders has established a comprehensive selection process for identifying and selecting the most exceptional leaders under the age of 40. Every year, thousands of candidates from around the world are proposed and assessed according to rigorous selection criteria. Only the very best candidates are selected and all efforts are extended to create a truly representative body. Reflecting the diversity of stakeholders, the Young Global Leaders include leaders from politics, business, civil society, academia, and arts and culture across seven geographic regions. Together, they form a unique community that can dramatically affect the lives of future generations and craft innovative responses to address global and regional challenges.
- He/she is 40 years of age or younger (to be eligible for the nomination and selection process of the Class of 2017, the candidate must have been born on or after 1 January 1978).
- He/she has a recognized record of extraordinary achievement and a proven track record of substantial leadership experience. Typically, this means 5-15 years of outstanding professional work experience and a clear indication of playing a substantial leadership role for the rest of his or her career.
- He/she has demonstrated a commitment to serve society at large through exceptional contributions, and have a global perspective.
- He/she must have an impeccable record in the public eye and good standing in his/her community, as well as show great self-awareness and a desire for learning.
- Candidates from the business sector must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles: President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Managing Partner or Publisher, or equivalent of any of the above. If the company is a Member or Partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the CEO or Chairman of the Board of the respective company.
- Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from the qualifying company every two years.
- Kindly note that self-nominations are not accepted.
**The deadline to submit nominations for the class of 2017 is May 31 2016**
Please click here, to submit a nomination for the YGL Community.
Timeline for Nominations & Selection
- 31 May: Close of Nomination Period
- Summer: The World Economic Forum shortlists candidates for further review
- Fall: The shortlisted candidates are reviewed by Heidrick & Struggles, recognised as one of the world's leading executive search and leadership consulting firms
- Winter: Selection Committee reviews the top candidates & selects 100 to 250 candidates to be honoured as Young Global Leaders
- At the outset of subsequent year: The New Class of YGLs are informed of their selection as Young Global Leaders*
- March of subsequent year: Press Announcement of the New Class of YGLs
*Please note that because of the large number of nominations received, the World Economic Forum only contacts successful candidates regarding their selection to the Forum of Young Global Leaders.