Nominate a Young Global Leader
The Forum of Young Global Leaders has established a comprehensive selection process for identifying and selecting the most exceptional leaders 40 years of age or younger. Every year, thousands of candidates from around the world are proposed and assessed according to rigorous selection criteria.
Only the very best candidates are selected and all efforts are extended to create a truly representative body. First, the shortlisted candidates are evaluated by Heidrick & Struggles, recognised as one of the world's leading executive search and leadership consulting firms. As a final step in the selection process, the candidates are screened by the Selection Committee.
Reflecting the diversity of stakeholders, the Young Global Leaders include leaders from politics, business, civil society, academia, and arts and culture across seven geographic regions. Together, they form a unique community that can dramatically affect the lives of future generations and craft innovative responses to address global and regional challenges.
Candidates for Young Global Leaders are selected based on the following criteria:
- He/she is 40 years of age or younger at the time of nomination (to be eligible for the nomination and selection process of the Class of 2014, the candidate must have been born on or after 1 January 1974).
- He/she has a recognized record of extraordinary achievement and a proven track record of substantial leadership experience. Typically, this means 5-15 years of outstanding professional work experience and a clear indication of playing a substantial leadership role for the rest of his or her career.
- He/she has demonstrated a commitment to serve society at large through exceptional contributions, and have a global perspective.
- He/she must have an impeccable record in the public eye and good standing in his/her community, as well as show great self-awareness and a desire for learning.
- Candidates from the business sector must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying corporation or division and must hold one of the following titles: President, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Managing Partner or Publisher, or equivalent of any of the above. If the company is a Member or Partner of the World Economic Forum, the candidate requires the approval of the CEO or Chairman of the Board of the respective company.
- Companies, organizations and entities can only nominate one candidate from the qualifying company every two years.
- Kindly note that self nominations are not accepted.
**The deadline to submit nominations for the class of 2014 is June 30 2013**