Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar, 5-7 June 2013
Courageous Transformation for Inclusion and Integration
This year's meeting will focus on three pillars:
- Inspiring Inclusive Transformation
- Realizing Regional Integration
- Scaling Regional Solutions for Global Resilience
After a series of bold economic and political reforms in Myanmar, the meeting will be the first leading international gathering of senior decision-makers from industry, government, academia and civil society to be held in the country. Through this unique multistakeholder platform, the meeting will be an unrivalled opportunity to understand and to shape Myanmar’s ongoing reforms and reconciliation process. Additionally, as Myanmar assumes the chairmanship of ASEAN in 2014, it will have a critical role in guiding the bloc’s ten member economies toward the planned economic integration in 2015. In this regard, the meeting will provide value not only to participants from the ASEAN region, but also to those who see in ASEAN an important evolving geopolitical and geo-economic pillar of the global economy.
- How will Myanmar balance rapid social, economic and political reforms while ensuring equitable and sustainable growth, employment creation and resource security?
- How will ASEAN’s emerging and fast-growing economies such as Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar become better connected to the region through improved infrastructure?
- How will ASEAN unify its efforts to strengthen regional risk resilience?
Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar 05 - 07 June 2013