Industry Partnership serves as the World Economic Forum’s primary means for engaging its corporate partners. It leverages the Forum’s neutral platform and global networks, and focuses on three areas: Industry, Cross-Industry, and Corporate Global Citizenship.
The aims of Industry Partnership:
- Provide privileged exposure to the Forum’s networks and activities
- Identify the issues that can benefit from collaborative action.
- Bring together a critical mass of the most key “movers and shakers” to create necessary change. This change could be in understanding, regulatory involvement or behaviour by leading corporations.
How this improves the state of the world:
The Industry Partnership activities of the IT and Telecoms sectors support the World Economic Forum’s mission in the following ways:
- Increasing access: Enhancing connectivity; Identifying policies that improve environment for deployment of and access to infrastructure (broadband, spectrum, etc)
- Enhancing services: IT, Telecoms and Media/Entertainment convergence; Extending the Reach of the Healthcare Industry; Increasing Financial Inclusion; Increasing Quality of / Access to Education
- Maintaining growth / mitigating risk: Improving Environmental Security; Ensuring Information Infrastructure Security; Aligning Government & Corporate Strategies for Growth and Innovation; Supply chain risk mitigation
The Huge Potential of mHealth
An example of how the Forum works through its Partners was the World Economic Forum mHealth Summit in June 2010. The Summit was aimed at strengthening the use of mobile communications to deliver health services and empower people to take control of their own health.
Hosted by the Forum's Global Agenda Council on the Future of Mobile Communications, the Summit drew together around 80 business and civil society leaders as well as experts to share perspectives and build consensus on key principles for achieving global scale of mHealth products and services. Further details on mHealth can be found on the Mobile Health issue page.
Document archive for all the issues you are interested in