12th Open Forum Davos Welcomes Public Debate on Global Issues
Michèle Mischler, Associate Director, Tel.: +41 (0)79 571 8225; email@example.com
- Open Forum Davos 2014 programme offers sessions on geopolitics, the economy, social affairs and more
- Panellists include top leaders from business, politics and civil society
- For more information about the 12th Open Forum, visit: http://www.openforumdavos.ch
Davos, Switzerland, 20 January 2014 – On the occasion of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2014, the Open Forum Davos 2014 will open its doors to the general public from 22 to 24 January in Davos, Switzerland.
Upholding its tradition of stimulating dialogue among thought leaders on a range of issues, the Open Forum will offer six sessions covering such diverse topics as refugees, immigration, gender equality, education and capitalism. Each session has been designed to offer a platform for debate and interaction on controversial topics between the public and scholars, business leaders and policy-makers.
Some leading personalities who will participate in the Open Forum are:
- Kofi Annan, Chairman, Kofi Annan Foundation, Switzerland; Secretary-General, United Nations (1997-2006)
- Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Chairman of the Board, Nestlé, Switzerland
- Didier Burkhalter, President of the Swiss Confederation and Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Angel Gurria, Secretary-General, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Paris
- Joseph Jimenez, Chief Executive Officer, Novartis, Switzerland
- Martin Schulz, President, European Parliament, Brussels
- Martin Sorrell, Chief Executive Officer, WPP, United Kingdom
- Peter D. Sutherland, Chairman, Goldman Sachs International, United Kingdom
- Jasmine Whitbread, Chief Executive Officer, Save the Children International, United Kingdom
- Muhammad Yunus, Chairman, Yunus Centre, Bangladesh
Open Forum Davos 2014 programme:
Wednesday 22 January
Thursday 23 January
Friday 24 January
As in previous years, the Open Forum Davos 2014 will be held at the Swiss Alpine Mittelschule, Guggerbachstrasse 3, Davos Platz. Though no registration is required, those wishing to participate in the audience are encouraged to arrive early, as the maximum capacity of the auditorium is 300. For those unable to take part, all sessions will be livestreamed on the Open Forum website at www.openforumdavos.ch.
You can also follow the debates using the Open Forum Twitter account: @OpenForumDavos #WEF #OFD. Some of the sessions will be broadcast by Swiss Television (SF-info), available at YouTube after the event.
Notes to Editors
Watch the Open Forum Davos 2014 live at www.openforumdavos.ch
More information about the Annual Meeting 2014 at http://wef.ch/am14
View the best photographs from the Annual Meeting on Flickr at http://wef.ch/pix
Watch live webcasts of the sessions on Livestream at http://wef.ch/liv
Watch the sessions on demand on YouTube at http://wef.ch/youtube or http://wef.ch/youku
Ask a world leader on YouTube at http://wef.ch/davosdebates
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet
Follow the Forum on Foursquare at http://wef.ch/foursquare
Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
Read Forum reports on Scribd at http://wef.ch/scribd
Follow the Meeting on iPhone at http://wef.ch/iPhone
Upcoming Forum events at http://wef.ch/events
Subscribe to Forum News Releases at http://wef.ch/news
For more information about the Annual Meeting, please visit http://www.weforum.org
The World Economic Forum is an international institution committed to improving the state of the world through public-private cooperation in the spirit of global citizenship. It engages with business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation in 1971 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Forum is independent, impartial and not tied to any interests. It cooperates closely with all leading international organizations (www.weforum.org).