Global Growth Companies Community Welcomes 76 New Companies
Fon Mathuros, Head of Media, Communications Department, Tel.: +86 158 4088 0591; email@example.com
- Since the last Annual Meeting of the New Champions, 76 of the world’s fastest-growing companies from 26 countries joined the Global Growth Companies Community
- Global Growth Companies Community currently consists of 370 companies
- Considered as trailblazers, shapers and innovators, they are participating in the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2013, which takes place in Dalian, People’s Republic of China, from 11‑13 September
- For more information about the Global Growth Companies Community, please visit: http://www.weforum.org/community/global-growth-companies
Dalian, People’s Republic of China, 9 September 2013 – At this year’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions, also known as the “Summer Davos”, the World Economic Forum will welcome 76 new members from 26 countries and five continents to its Global Growth Companies (GGC) Community. GGCs are fast-growing companies with the clear potential to become global economic leaders based on such factors as their business models, growth record, leadership and the markets they serve. Most of them have seen growth rates of over 10% in the past three years and are engines of the economies in which they operate.
The new GGCs come from 26 countries from around the world, including Azerbaijan, Jordan, Mexico, Nigeria, the People’s Republic of China, the Russian Federation, Turkey and the USA, and will be integrated into the larger GGC Community of 370 companies. Examples of the profiles of these new members can be found at http://wef.ch/q0utb.
Together with the Social Entrepreneurs, Technology Pioneers, Young Global Leaders, Global Shapers and Young Scientists, the GGCs make up the “New Champions”. Playing a central role in the Summer Davos, the New Champions represent the next generation of pioneers, disruptors and innovators – exemplary organizations and individuals who have demonstrated their ability to translate societal challenges into value-creating businesses, policies and technologies. Throughout the Summer Davos, the new GGCs will take part in sessions on innovation and corporate culture as well as social and business value creation. They will also have the opportunity to engage in discussions with the new Chinese leadership.
Under the theme Meeting the Innovation Imperative, over 1,600 participants from 90 countries will take part in this seventh edition of the Annual Meeting of the New Champions. The Meeting is taking place in Dalian on 11-13 September and is held in close collaboration with the Government of the People’s Republic of China with the support of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC). Premier Li Keqiang of China will open the Meeting.
- Follow the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of the New Champions at http://wef.ch/amnc13
- For insights from key sessions in 2013 go to http://wef.ch/amnc13insights
- View photos from the event at http://wef.ch/amnc13pix
- Watch live webcasts of sessions at http://wef.ch/live
- Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet (hashtag #WEF)
- Follow tweets from participants on our twitter list at http://twitter.com/davos/WEFChina
- Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
- Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
- Follow the Forum on Google+ at http://wef.ch/gplus
- Follow the Meeting on iPhone at http://wef.ch/iPhone
- Join the Summer Davos Debates in China at http://davosdebates.youku.com
- Visit the Forum’s video space in Chinese at http://wef.ch/youku
- Read the Forum’s Chinese Sina Microblog at http://t.sina.com.cn/davos
- Read the Forum’s Chinese QQ Microblog at http://t.qq.com/davos