Invitation to Virtual Pre-Summit Press Conference – World Economic Forum on Africa and Launch of Developing Renewable Energy Capacity Report
Desirée Mohindra, Senior Manager, Media, Tel.: +41 22 869 1462, email@example.com
- Join the Virtual Pre-Summit Press Conference on the World Economic Forum on Africa at 11.00 CEST, 28 April 2011 via http://wef.ch/live01
- Full details on the upcoming meeting and Q & A with Katherine Tweedie, Director, Head of Africa
- Launch of Forum’s Developing Renewable Energy Capacity Report
- Media accreditation for the World Economic Forum on Africa, Cape Town, South Africa 4-6 May 2011 will close on 22 April. To apply, please register online at http://www.weforummedia.org
Geneva, Switzerland – Media are cordially invited to attend the online Pre-Summit Press Conference for the World Economic Forum on Africa. Katherine Tweedie, Director, Head of Africa will announce key participant names and highlights of the meeting.
At this virtual press conference, the Forum will also launch its Scaling up Renewables: Developing Renewable Energy Capacity report. The report was developed with PwC and industry experts and addresses regulatory and infrastructure challenges in emerging markets. It highlights renewable energy as a competitive and self-sustaining investment proposition which is a key enabler for the clean energy economy and proposes ways to overcome barriers that exist in emerging markets beyond monetary investment.
The media briefing will be webcast live on the Forum's Livestream channel http://wef.ch/live01.
You can put your questions live to the panellists by logging into your Facebook or Twitter account on the right-hand side of the screen at http://www.livestream.com/worldeconomicforum01.
The Press Conference will take place at 11.00 CEST on 28 April 2011.
Media accreditation for the event will close on Friday 22 April 2011. If you would like to cover this event, please register online at www.weforummedia.org. No accreditation will be possible on site.
The World Economic Forum on Africa takes place in Cape Town, South Africa, on 4-6 May 2011. The theme of the meeting is “From Vision to Action, Africa’s New Chapter” and will convene more than 700 top regional and global leaders.
The co-chairs of the meeting who will help shape the agenda are:
- Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Chairman of the Board, Nestlé, Switzerland; Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum; Global Agenda Council on Water Security
- Timothy Flynn, Chairman, KPMG International, USA
- P. Mpho Makwana, Chairman, Eskom Holdings, South Africa
- Linah K. Mohohlo, Governor of the Bank of Botswana; Regional Agenda Council on Africa
- Rajiv J. Shah, Administrator, USAID - US Government Agency for International Development, USA; Young Global Leader
- Jubril Adewale Tinubu, Group Chief Executive, Oando, Nigeria; Young Global Leader