Media Accreditation Opens for 7th “Summer Davos”, Taking Place in Dalian
Di Dai, Media Associate, World Economic Forum, Tel.: +41 (0) 79 949 4637, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media accreditation for the 7th Annual Meeting of the New Champions, the “Summer Davos”, is now open
- To apply, please register online at www.weforummedia.org. Accreditation will close on 16 August.
- For more information about the Meeting, please visit: www.weforum.org/newchampions
Geneva, Switzerland, 13 June 2013 – Media accreditation for the World Economic Forum’s 7th Annual Meeting of the New Champions, the “Summer Davos”, is now open. The Meeting will take place in Dalian, People’s Republic of China from 11-13 September 2013. Members of the media need to sign up at www.weforummedia.org. Over 1,500 influential leaders from more than 90 countries will participate.
The world is facing an unprecedented set of intertwined global challenges – economic, political, societal and environmental. China’s growth trajectory and the prolonged malaise affecting OECD economies are predicted to change the global economic order. Population trends, resource shortages and widening competitiveness gaps put pressure on governments to create growth and employment while ensuring fiscal prudence, social equity and environmental sustainability. Businesses disrupt and are disrupted by new business models, emerging technologies and shifting behaviours of connected citizens and consumers. All of these factors point to a future where innovation will be an increasingly important driver of economic development, competitiveness and risk resilience. In this context, “Meeting the Innovation Imperative” serves as the theme of this year’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions. The Meeting will feature an intensive and interactive three-day programme to explore these issues under the sub-themes: Unleashing Innovation; Transforming Industry Ecosystems; Connecting Markets; Building Societal Resilience.
The Annual Meeting of the New Champions is designed to foster interaction, generate insight and achieve impact across all of the Forum’s communities. Participants will include:
- Global Growth Companies – businesses poised to become future leaders in the global economy based on their growth record, business model and industry leadership
- Technology Pioneers – companies involved in the development of life-changing technological innovations and that have the potential to make a long-term impact on business and society
- Young Global Leaders – a multistakeholder community of young leaders providing insight into the priorities and expectations of future generations
- Young Scientists – exceptional young researchers from around the world that have produced groundbreaking work in different scientific fields
- Global Shapers – individuals between 20 and 30 years of age selected for their great potential for future leadership roles in society
- Social Entrepreneurs – leaders of the most innovative business solutions and partnership models driving social change
In addition, a select group of executives from the world’s most influential companies have confirmed they will act as Mentors of the Meeting to exchange experiences and ideas with the New Champions. These include: Oleg V. Deripaska, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Basic Element, Russian Federation; Hikmet Ersek, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Western Union Company, USA; Augie K. Fabela II, Co-Founder and Chairman Emeritus, VimpelCom, Netherlands; Andrea Illy, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, illycaffè, Italy; Liu Jiren, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Neusoft Corporation, People’s Republic of China; André Kudelski, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Kudelski Group, Switzerland; Ellen Kullman, Chair of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, DuPont, USA; T. K. Kurien, Division Chief Executive Officer, Information Technology Business, Wipro, India; Rich Lesser, Global Chief Executive Officer and President, The Boston Consulting Group, USA; Giuseppe Recchi, Chairman, Eni, Italy; Tulsi Tanti, Chairman, Suzlon Energy, India; Zola Tsotsi, Chairman, Eskom Holdings, South Africa: Wang Jianlin, Chairman and President, Dalian Wanda Group, People’s Republic of China; and Xu Lejiang, Chairman, Baosteel Group Corporation, People’s Republic of China.
The deadline for media accreditation is Friday 16 August 2013. No accreditation will be done on site.
Notes to Editors:
NEW! The Forum Media App for mobile devices is available here http://wef.ch/publicapps
View the best pictures from previous Forum events on Flickr at http://wef.ch/pix
Watch sessions on YouTube at http://wef.ch/youtube or http://wef.ch/youku
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
Follow the Forum on Sina Weibo at http://weibo.com/davos
Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet
Check in with the Forum on Foursquare at http://wef.ch/foursquare
Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
Read Forum reports on Scribd at http://wef.ch/scribd
View upcoming Forum events at http://wef.ch/events
Subscribe to Forum News Releases at http://wef.ch/news
For updates about the activities of the World Economic Forum, subscribe to RSS feed.