Media Accreditation Opens for First India Economic Summit in Mumbai
Desirée Mohindra, Senior Media Manager, Media, Tel.: +41 22 869 14 62, email@example.com
- 27th India Economic Summit to be held in Mumbai for the first time on 12-14 November 2011
- The media is invited to participate in the official programme on 13-14 November
- Members of the media are invited to sign up now for media accreditation at www.weforummedia.org
Geneva, Switzerland, 19 September 2011 – The World Economic Forum’s 2011 India Economic Summit, in partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and with the support of the Government of India, will be held for the first time in the event’s 26-year history in Mumbai on 12-14 November. The Summit will return to New Delhi in 2012 and in 2014 in time for India's next national election. Members of media are invited to the official programme, which will take place on 13-14 November 2011.
Media accreditation for the Summit is now open and members of the media can register online at www.weforummedia.org. The registration deadline is Monday 24 October. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted, and no registration will be considered on site in Mumbai.
The decision to host the Summit in Mumbai is to reinvigorate the Forum’s partnership in India and to align its strategy with the evolving global context as well as the development priorities for India and South Asia. Under the theme Linking Leadership and Livelihood, leaders from government, industry, civil society and media will seek ways to collaborate to improve the education system, invest in much-needed infrastructure, increase agricultural productivity and ensure an equitable distribution of opportunities.
The Summit co-chairs are:
- Adi B. Godrej, Chairman, The Godrej Group, Godrej Industries, India
- Jeffrey Joerres, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, ManpowerGroup, USA
- Huguette Labelle, Chair, Transparency International, Germany
- Tulsi R. Tanti, Chairman and Managing Director, Suzlon Energy, India
- Ben J. Verwaayen, Chief Executive Officer, Alcatel-Lucent, France; Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum
For all media information, please contact:
- Vivian Yang, Media Manager, World Economic Forum, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +41 22 869 3534, or
- Dipti Agarwal in Mumbai at email@example.com or at +91 99 6737 8705
Note to Editors
To learn more about the 2011 Summit, visit www.weforum.org/india2011
Watch key sessions from last year’s Summit at http://wef.ch/indiavids2010
Download free high-resolution photos from the 2010 India Summit at www.weforum.org/india2010/photos
Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/worldeconomicforum
View the best pictures from the Forum on Flickr at http://wef.ch/pix
Watch sessions on YouTube at http://wef.ch/youtube or http://wef.ch/youku
Check in with the Forum on Foursquare at http://wef.ch/foursquare
Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
Follow the Meeting on iPhone at http://wef.ch/iPhone
Upcoming Forum events at http://wef.ch/events
Subscribe to Forum news releases at http://wef.ch/news
The World Economic Forum is an international institution committed to improving the state of the world through public-private cooperation in the spirit of global citizenship. It engages with business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation in 1971 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Forum is independent, impartial and not tied to any interests. It cooperates closely with all leading international organizations (www.weforum.org).