Media Accreditation Opens for First Meeting as World Economic Forum on India
Desirée Mohindra, Associate Director, Media, Tel.: +41 (0)22 869 1462, email@example.com
- The World Economic Forum on India to be held for the first time in Gurgaon on 6-8 November 2012
- The media is invited to participate in the public programme on 7-8 November
- Members of the media are invited to sign up now for media accreditation at www.weforummedia.org
Geneva, Switzerland, 10 September, 2012 – The World Economic Forum on India meeting will be held for the first time in the National Capital Region, Gurgaon, on 6-8 November in partnership with the Government of Haryana, India. Previously known as the India Economic Summit, which has been held in the country for the past 27 years, this year’s meeting will convene under the theme, “From Deliberation to Transformation”. Over 500 leaders from around the world will participate in the meeting at a time when the country faces a new economic reality after 20 years of sustained high growth.
“India has reached a critical inflection point where future growth will depend on the courage to undertake bold reforms, prioritize human capital development and to better manage risks. The World Economic Forum on India is a platform which will bring together key decision-makers to help catalyse the necessary reform that will return India and South Asia to a long-term growth path,” said Sushant Palakurthi Rao, Senior Director and Head of Asia, World Economic Forum.
Media accreditation for the meeting is now open and members of the media can register online at www.weforummedia.org The registration deadline is Tuesday 16 October. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted and no registration will be considered on site in Gurgaon. Members of the media are invited to participate in the official programme on 7-8 November.
“The World Economic Forum on India’s first gathering at Gurgaon in the State of Haryana marks an important event, recognizing the increasing role being played by India and the region in shaping the global agenda. The strength and depth of our economy is due to the success in creating a business-friendly environment in Haryana and we look forward to playing an active role in shaping an India worthy of future generations,” said Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Chief Minister of Haryana, India.
The confirmed meeting co-chairs are:
Aliko Dangote, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Nigeria
Paul Bulcke, Chief Executive Officer, Nestlé, Switzerland
Kris Gopalakrishnan, Executive Co-Chairman, Infosys, India
Siddhartha Lal, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Eicher Motors, India
Chhavi Rajawat, Sarpanch of Soda, Village Council of Soda, India
Jasmine Whitbread, Chief Executive Officer, Save the Children International, United Kingdom
For all media information, please contact: Di Dai, World Economic Forum, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dipti Agarwal on +91 99 6737 8705
Note to Editors
- Follow the World Economic Forum on India at http://wef.ch/india12
- View photos from the event at http://wef.ch/india12pix
- View photos from last year’s summit http://wef.ch/india2011pix
- Watch live webcasts of sessions at http://wef.ch/live
- Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet (hashtag #WEF)
- Follow tweets from participants on our twitter list at http://twitter.com/wef/wefindia
- Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
- Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
- Follow the forum on Google+ at http://wef.ch/gplus
- Follow the meeting on iPhone at http://wef.ch/iPhone