Media Accreditation Opens for First World Economic Forum on Africa in Nigeria
Maxwell Hall, Senior Media Manager, World Economic Forum, Tel.: +41 (0)79 329 3500; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 24th World Economic Forum on Africa will be held in Abuja, Nigeria, on 7-9 May 2014
- Under the theme, “Forging Inclusive Growth, Creating Jobs”, over 900 participants are expected to take part in the meeting
- Media can register for the meeting at www.weforummedia.org
Geneva, Switzerland, 27 February 2014 – Media accreditation opens today for the 24th World Economic Forum on Africa, which will take place in Abuja, Nigeria, from 7 to 9 May 2014. Convening under the theme “Forging Inclusive Growth, Creating Jobs”, the meeting will provide an unrivalled gathering for senior decision-makers from industry, government, academia, civil society and the media to understand and shape Africa’s future.
To cover this event, please register online at www.weforummedia.org before Friday 18 April. As the number of accreditations issued is strictly limited, we will not be able to accommodate late registrations. No accreditation will be granted on site. To facilitate the visa application process, we encourage you to register early.
The World Economic Forum on Africa will focus on the continent’s efforts to strengthen competitiveness, invest in human capital, boost strategic infrastructure and build resilience in a volatile global environment. Participants will help to determine how to better address challenges of fluctuating commodity prices, rising inequality and youth unemployment.
The Co-Chairs of the meeting are:
- Dominic Barton, Managing Director, McKinsey & Company, United Kingdom
- Jean-François van Boxmeer, Chairman of the Executive Board and Chief Executive Officer, Heineken, Netherlands
- Aliko Dangote, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Nigeria
- Bineta Diop, President, Femmes Africa Solidarité, Switzerland
- Jabu A. Mabuza, Chairman, Telkom Group, South Africa
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman, Bharti Enterprises, India
- John Rice, Vice-Chairman, GE, Hong Kong SAR
Notes to Editors
Follow the World Economic Forum on Africa at http://wef.ch/af14
Download photos from the event at http://wef.ch/af14pix
Watch live webcasts of sessions at http://wef.ch/live
Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet (hashtag #WEF)
Follow tweets from participants on our twitter list at https://twitter.com/davos/wefafrica
Read the Forum blog at http://wef.ch/blog
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
Follow the forum on Google+ at http://wef.ch/gplus
The Forum Media App is available here http://wef.ch/publicapps
The World Economic Forum is an international institution committed to improving the state of the world through public-private cooperation in the spirit of global citizenship. It engages with business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation in 1971 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Forum is independent, impartial and not tied to any interests. It cooperates closely with all leading international organizations (www.weforum.org).