Media Accreditation Opens for World Economic Forum’s Summer Davos 2011
Vivian Yang, Media Manager, Communications Department, Tel.: +41 (0)22 869 3534, email@example.com
- World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions, the “Summer Davos”, will take place in Dalian, People’s Republic of China from 14 to 16 September 2011
- The theme of this year’s Meeting is Mastering Quality Growth
- Media accreditation is now open. To apply, please register online at: www.weforummedia.org
Geneva, Switzerland – The Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2011, also known as the “Summer Davos”, will take place in Dalian, People’s Republic of China, from 14 to 16 September. The Meeting is held in close collaboration with the People’s Republic of China and with the support of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
Under the theme Mastering Quality Growth, over 1,500 influential stakeholders will convene in Dalian to gain strategic foresight on key economic, industry and technological developments that are reshaping consumer behaviour, business models and financial markets.
This year’s select group of business leaders who will act as Meeting Mentors are:
- Fu Chengyu, Chairman, China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec Group), People's Republic of China
- Klaus Kleinfeld, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Alcoa, USA
- Ma Weihua, President and Chief Executive Officer, China Merchants Bank, People’s Republic of China
- Vineet Nayar, Vice-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, HCL Technologies, India
- David T. Seaton, Chief Executive Officer, Fluor Corporation, USA
- Tidjane Thiam, Group Chief Executive, Prudential, United Kingdom
Media accreditation for the event is now open. Journalists who wish to cover the event must submit accreditation applications at www.weforummedia.org. The accreditation deadline is Monday 15 August 2011. Late and on-site accreditation applications will not be considered.
information about the Meeting, please visit the Forum’s website at:
Notes to Editors
View the best pictures from the Forum on Flickr at http://wef.ch/pix
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
Check in with the Forum on Foursquare at http://wef.ch/foursquare
Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
Read Forum reports on Scribd at http://wef.ch/scribd
Follow the Meeting on iPhone at http://wef.ch/iPhone
View upcoming Forum events at http://wef.ch/events
Subscribe to Forum News Releases at http://wef.ch/news
The World Economic Forum is an international institution committed to improving the state of the world through public-private cooperation in the spirit of global citizenship. It engages with business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation in 1971 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Forum is independent, impartial and not tied to any interests. It cooperates closely with all leading international organizations (www.weforum.org).