Press Registration Opens for Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2012 in Tianjin
Vivian Yang, Media Manager Communications Department. Tel.: +86 10 6599 9595, E-mail: email@example.com
- World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions, the “Summer Davos”, will take place in Tianjin, People’s Republic of China, from 11 to 13 September 2012
- Press accreditation is now open. To apply, please register online at www.weforummedia.org
- For more information about the meeting, please visit the Forum’s website at www.weforum.org/newchampions
Geneva, Switzerland, 5 June 2012 – The Annual Meeting of the New Champions, also known as the “Summer Davos”, will take place in Tianjin, People’s Republic of China, from 11 to 13 September. The Meeting is held in close collaboration with the People’s Republic of China and with the support of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
The meeting is the foremost global business gathering in Asia and provides a unique platform for leaders from business, government, media, academia and civil society to discuss the leading actors and drivers of growth. Under the theme, Creating the Future Economy, this year’s programme will focus on how to ensure that the right values, incentives and models are in place to deliver the best possible outcomes for global prosperity, national competitiveness and entrepreneurial growth for future generations.
Journalists wishing to cover this event must submit their accreditation request on the Forum’s online registration website at www.weforummedia.org by Wednesday 15 August 2012. Please note that only applications submitted online and on time will be considered. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted and no accreditation will be granted on site.
A select group of business leaders will act as mentors to the Annual Meeting of the New Champions. They are:
- Khalid A. Al Falih, President and Chief Executive Officer, Saudi Aramco, Saudi Arabia;
- Gao Jifan, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Trina Solar (TSL), People's Republic of China;
- Susan Hockfield, President, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA;
- Mo Ibrahim, Chairman, Mo Ibrahim Foundation, United Kingdom;
- Gail Kelly, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Westpac Banking Corporation, Australia;
- Feike Sijbesma, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Managing Board, Royal DSM, Netherlands;
- Xiong Weiping, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Aluminium Corporation of China (CHINALCO).
Note to Editors
View the best pictures from the Forum on Flickr at http://wef.ch/pix
Watch sessions on demand on YouTube at http://wef.ch/youtube or http://wef.ch/youku
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet
Check in with the Forum on Foursquare at http://wef.ch/foursquare
Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
Read Forum reports on Scribd at http://wef.ch/scribd
Follow the Meeting on iPhone at http://wef.ch/iPhone
View upcoming Forum events at http://wef.ch/events
Subscribe to Forum News Releases at http://wef.ch/news