Risk Response Network: Proactively Preparing for the Threat of Global Risks
- World Economic Forum launches Risk Response Network in Davos
- Risk Response Network will facilitate collective response to complex and interconnected global risks
- Unique platform to help global leaders better understand, prepare and respond to a new risk landscape
- Create a more resilient world by identifying and mitigating global risks while identifying emerging opportunities
- Crisis Response Network to bring global insight to emergency response in real time
- More information on the Risk Response Network: http://www.weforum.org/community/risk-response-network
- Watch a video interview with Kevin Steinberg, Chief Operating Office, World Economic Forum USA
Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, 26 January 2011 – The World Economic Forum launches the Risk Response Network on the opening day of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. The world has fundamentally changed and this new reality calls for more foresight and collective action to address a broad range of global risks. The network will address concerns about widening economic inequalities and failed global governance systems underpinning a raft of other interrelated risks ranging from financial governance to cybersecurity and resource scarcity. Uniquely placed to catalyse a collective response to this new landscape, the World Economic Forum is launching the platform to better understand, manage and respond to these complex and intertwined risks.
“Throughout the extreme shocks of recent years, both public and private sector leaders have been struggling to avoid collapse and keep the economy afloat. This year in Davos, the mood is shifting to these global leaders taking a more forward-looking approach, exploring how to proactively address complex risks and associated opportunities,” said Kevin Steinberg, Chief Operating Officer, World Economic Forum USA, and Head of the Risk Response Network. Steinberg added: ”In this spirit, the World Economic Forum is launching the Risk Response Network: an umbrella of projects and initiatives all designed to help global leaders better understand, prepare for and respond to risk.”
The Risk Response Network (RRN) will bring a new approach to addressing the complexity of risk that leaders are facing and enable them to capture the upside of those risks. It will offer:
- The most compelling insights: Drawn from the World Economic Forum’s own knowledge generation and insight, including the Global Agenda Councils and a network of the world’s top universities and private sector content providers
- The most relevant global decision-makers: Through a new and unique community of Risk Officers from top corporations, governments and key international organizations
- The most suitable tools and services: By developing proprietary, custom-designed risk analytics and risk management processes, to enable decision-makers not only to better understand key risks in depth and in context, but also to respond to them proactively and to mobilize quickly in times of crisis
The World Economic Forum will support the Risk Response Network with a permanent staff, through face-to-face and virtual meetings, a proprietary online platform to better enable ongoing virtual collaboration and a dedicated knowledge curation capability.
Notes to Editors
For more information about the Annual Meeting 2011: http://wef.ch/Davos2011
Watch interviews with top leaders about the Davos agenda at http://wef.ch/DavosInterviews
View the best pictures from the Annual Meeting on Flickr at http://wef.ch/pix
Watch live webcasts of the sessions on Livestream at http://wef.ch/live
Watch the sessions on demand on YouTube at http://wef.ch/youtube or http://wef.ch/youku
Ask a world leader on YouTube at http://wef.ch/davosdebates
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet
Check in with the Forum on Foursquare at http://wef.ch/foursquare
Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
Read Forum reports on Scribd at http://wef.ch/scribd
Follow the Meeting on iPhone at http://wef.ch/iPhone
Upcoming Forum events at http://wef.ch/events
Subscribe to Forum News Releases at http://wef.ch/news
For more information about the Annual Meeting, please visit http://www.weforum.org
The World Economic Forum is an international institution committed to improving the state of the world through public-private cooperation in the spirit of global citizenship. It engages with business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation in 1971 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Forum is independent, impartial and not tied to any interests. It cooperates closely with all leading international organizations (www.weforum.org).