Social Media Opportunities Abound at the World Economic Forum on Latin America
This year at the World Economic Forum on Latin America in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the Forum will make full use of online collaboration on major social networks.
- Pose a question to participants at the event through the Ask a Leader online contest
- Follow live tweets from sessions with the Forum’s 1.4 million Twitter followers
- Watch sessions broadcast live on the Forum’s Livestream channel
Ask a Leader on YouTube
Ask a Leader challenges the public to submit their most pressing questions to youtube.com/davos until Wednesday 20 April 2011. The Forum will put a selection of the top-voted questions to world leaders in the World Economic Forum on Latin America when they come to the Social Media Corner, giving the public direct access to some of the most powerful and influential people in the world.
Social Media Corner
The Social Media Corner in the InterContinental Rio Hotel will serve as the central social hub to reach out to the general public to discuss a range of topics on the official theme “Laying the Foundation for a Latin American Decade”. The Social Media Corner will have stations to upload videos in response to Ask a Leader on YouTube, encouraging an open and direct dialogue between world leaders and the general public.
Along with our 1.4 million Twitter followers, stay up to date with the latest headlines through the official Twitter list. Follow the World Economic Forum on Twitter @Davos as well as our live tweet account @WEF, where key quotes from plenary sessions will appear. For community-specific updates and insights, follow the Forum’s community Twitter accounts: @SchwabFound, @TechPioneers and @YGLVoices.The official hashtag of the 2011 World Economic Forum on Latin America is #WEF. Please use this hashtag in all your tweets about the meeting.
The Forum has invited key participants to blog about their experiences on the Forum Blog. Get behind the scenes’ insights from participants on the most interesting big idea from the event, updates from sessions or what they are taking away from the event. At wef.ch/facebook, join the Forum’s 68,000 Facebook fans to get the best updates on the meeting including photos, videos and blogs.
Official Forum photographers will capture the best pictures from the meeting; they will be made available free of charge under a creative commons license on Flickr at wef.ch/riopix.
A selection of plenary sessions will be webcast live at wef.ch/live. The videos will also be available on demand on our website and can be watched on demand on the Forum’s YouTube channel at wef.ch/youtube after the meeting. The World Economic Forum on Latin America takes place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on 27-29 April 2011. The theme of the meeting is “Laying the Foundation for a Latin American Decade” and will convene more than 500 top regional and global leaders.
The co-chairs of the meeting are Frederico Fleury Curado, President and Chief Executive Officer, Embraer - Empresa Brasileira de Aeronautica, Brazil; Orit Gadiesh, Chairman, Bain & Company, USA; Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum; Vikram Pandit, Chief Executive Officer, Citi, USA; and Sir Martin Sorrell, Chief Executive Officer, WPP, United Kingdom.
For more information about the meeting, please visit the Forum’s website at
Notes to Editors
- Find everything about this year’s World Economic Forum on Latin America at http://wef.ch/rio2011
- Check out photos from the event at http://wef.ch/riopix
- Watch live webcasts of sessions at http://wef.ch/live
- Subscribe to Forum News Releases at http://wef.ch/news
- Watch sessions on demand on YouTube at http://wef.ch/youtube
- Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
- Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/Twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet
- Twitter users: Please use the hashtag #WEF for all tweets about the event.
- Check in with the Forum on Foursquare at http://wef.ch/foursquare
- Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
- Read the Forum reports on Scribd at http://wef.ch/scribd
- Follow the Meeting on iPhone at http://wef.ch/iPhone