Young Global Leaders Meet in Puerto Vallarta for Annual Summit
Maxwell Hall, Senior Media Manager, Tel.: +52 1 3221 056766 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- More than 250 Young Global Leaders (YGLs) from over 50 countries are meeting in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, for their Annual Summit.
- Young Global Leaders are selected from a variety of business, government and civil society sectors to engage in task forces that address specific challenges of public interest with the objective of shaping a more sustainable and prosperous future for the world.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, 16 April 2012 – More than 250 leaders from business, government and civil society are meeting in Mexico for the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders Annual Summit.
The participants, all of whom are under the age of 40 when selected and successful in their own fields, represent the future of leadership. They come from 59 countries worldwide and include business leaders, policy-makers, social entrepreneurs, artists and journalists. They share a commitment to work as a community to shape a more positive, peaceful and prosperous society.
The programme of the Annual Summit includes sessions aimed at producing global public policy recommendations. Participants are encouraged to examine complex systems with the aim of identifying where they can intervene with solutions to global challenges.
Young Global Leaders are actively engaged in launching and leading initiatives that enable them to learn from and with each other; build knowledge and engender a better understanding of global challenges and trends, risks and opportunities; and further enhance their role as leaders within their own organizations.
“One of the unique aspects of the Young Global Leaders Community is that it is the first generation of leaders who are truly global citizens; they have all lived, studied and worked in different countries throughout their careers,” said David Aikman, Head of The Forum of Young Global Leaders.
“They see themselves as being fundamentally interconnected and have the cross-cultural leadership skills to be successful in a globalized world. Thanks to the incredible diversity of the group, they are able to collaborate across complex systems and build informal coalitions to facilitate action on the biggest challenges facing the world today. This entrepreneurial approach to public good is the best way to move the world forward,” he added.
The Young Global Leaders Annual Summit is being held in conjunction with the World Economic Forum on Latin America.
Notes to Editors
- Everything about this year’s World Economic Forum on Latin America 2012: http://wef.ch/latam2012
- View photos from the event: http://wef.ch/pix
- Watch live webcasts of sessions at http://wef.ch/live
- Subscribe to Forum News Releases at http://wef.ch/news
- Watch sessions on demand on YouTube at http://wef.ch/youtube
- Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
- Follow the Forum on Twitter at http://wef.ch/twitter and http://wef.ch/livetweet
- Twitter users: Please use the hashtag #WEF for all tweets about the event
- Check in with the Forum on Foursquare at http://wef.ch/foursquare
- Read the Forum Blog at http://wef.ch/blog
- Listen to the Inside the Forum Podcast at http://wef.ch/podcast
- More information about the Forum of Young Global Leaders at http://www.younggloballeaders.org/
- List of YGLs honoured in 2012
- List of the YGL community
- List of YGL initiatives
- Visit our YGL YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/yglvoices
- Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/YGLvoices
- Nominate a potential Young Global Leader through our website
About the Forum of Young Global Leaders
Established by Professor Klaus Schwab in 2004, the Forum of Young Global Leaders is a unique, multistakeholder community of the world’s most extraordinary young leaders who dedicate a part of their time to jointly address global challenges and who are committed to devote their knowledge and energy to collectively work towards a better future. Every year, the Forum, honours between 100 and 200 outstanding young leaders from around the world for their professional accomplishments, commitment to society and potential to contribute to shaping the future of the world.