Disaster Resource Partnership (DRP)
The Engineering & Construction Disaster Resource Partnership (DRP) is a new model for coordinated private sector partnership in response to natural disasters. Launched at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2011 in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, and with the full mandate of the Infrastructure & Urban Development Governors community, the DRP is an international alliance of engineering and construction (E&C) companies that have made a mutual commitment to improve humanitarian response when natural disasters occur through the direct application of engineering and construction skills and assets. The DRP model has developed through case studies of past private sector interventions, numerous workshops and interviews with key humanitarian actors in disasters, and has benefited from continuous input and direction by the working group executives of the World Economic Forum’s E&C Member and Partner companies.
Specific aims of the project include:
- Developing an ongoing collaboration between private industry, public sector and humanitarian organizations
- Ensuring the fast and effective deployment of E&C expertise and capacities before, during and after natural disasters
- Increasing the number of Disaster Resource Partnership National Networks
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- Asian Development Bank
- DRP Global Secretariat
- DRP Indonesia
- Fluor Corporation
- Hindustan Construction Company
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Palantir Technologies
- Philippine Constructors Association, Inc.