Disaster Resource Partnership (DRP)
The Engineering & Construction Disaster Resource Partnership (DRP) is a successful model for coordinated private sector partnership in response to natural disasters. The main objective of the DRP is to form an ongoing collaboration between private industry and the public sector/humanitarian organizations to leverage the core strengths and existing capabilities and capacities of the Engineering & Construction (E&C) community when natural disasters occur. This will ensure the fast and effective deployment of E&C expertise and means before, during and after the rapid-onset natural disasters. The engagement depends on each company’s proximity to the disaster area, its assets and skills, and the needs of the affected communities. Member companies contribute to the DRP’s objectives through pre-established local networks - National Networks currently exist in India, Indonesia, Mexico, with a new one being considered in the Philippines.
- Facilitate a cross-sector, professional, and accountable humanitarian response to disasters that has the ability to scale up to meet growing demands
- Increase the number of Disaster Resource Partnership National Networks.
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- Arup Group Ltd
- Asian Development Bank
- DRP Global Secretariat
- DRP Indonesia
- Fluor Corporation
- Hindustan Construction Company
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Kokusai Kogyo
- Palantir Technologies
- Philippine Constructors Association, Inc.
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)