E15 Initiative: Strengthening the International Trading System
The E15 initiative is a substantive, global project aiming to develop an expansive set of policy options and promote strategic dialogue regarding priorities for the evolution of the international trading system between 2015 and 2025.The E15 initiative aims to develop a set of policy options and promote strategic dialogue regarding the evolution of the international trading system.The E15 initiative aims to develop a set of policy options and promote strategic dialogue regarding the evolution of the international trading system. By connecting the foremost experts and decision-makers from private, public and civil society sectors,the project seeks to stimulate a more informed debate about how trade policy and institutions can best be adapted to the highly interconnected global economy of the 21st century
This public-private collaboration aims to shape the international trade and investment policy agenda for the next decade (2015 to 2025).
Outputs will include:
- Approximately 18 sets of policy options on different topics, developed by multistakeholder expert groups and published on a rolling basis between 2013 and 2015. Each group will also publish discussion papers examining key facets of the topic.
- A rolling process of multistakeholder policy dialogue in Forum regional and global summits that both provides input into expert group deliberations and considers their output.
- A parallel virtual dialogue – hosted on the Global Agenda Platform – establishing a leading virtual community of foremost academic and business trade experts and trade policy-makers.
- Publication of an edited volume of policy options, timed to correspond with the WTO’s 20th anniversary in 2015
- Publication of an edited monograph consolidating the policy options into overarching broader recommendations for the international trade and investment system for the next decade.
- International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD)
Tel: +41 22 8691212