Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2013 - Global Growth Companies Report
The Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2013 in Dalian, People’s Republic of China, focused on science, technology, innovation and sustainability. The Meeting constituted an excellent opportunity for Members of the World Economic Forum’s Global Growth Companies (GGC) Community to learn first-hand about the trends and forces in these areas that are impacting the world.
Some 250 participants from more than 40 countries represented 180 GGCs.
Together with the Meeting’s 1,600 participants, they explored the innovation imperative under four thematic sub-themes: Transforming Industry Ecosystems; Unleashing Innovation; Building Societal Resilience; and Connecting Markets.
The Forum’s New Champions Communities represent growth, innovation and entrepreneurship at their very best – precisely the topics that were at the center at this year’s meeting in Dalian. As New Champions, GGCs enjoyed a dedicated programme that gave them the opportunity to experience:
- Unique peer-to-peer exchanges on topics that are most relevant to them
- Maximum networking opportunities with other GGCs and New Champions Communities, including Young Global Leaders, Technology Pioneers, Social Entrpereneurs and Global Shapers
- Exposure opportunities in the official programme, including speaking roles
Report highlights include:
- Summaries of the main sessions devoted to the GGCs
- A conversation with Li Keqiang, Premier of the People’s Republic of China
- A session exploring art and improvisation and its connection to corporate innovation