The Forum does not organize conferences. We believe in more fluid, longer-term interaction. That’s why we hold meetings – to give each participant as much context and opportunity for engagement as possible over the long term. We also aim to ensure the impact of our efforts, with each meeting delivering clear outcomes and action points.
The Forum holds four major annual meetings:
1. The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting, held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, shapes global, regional and industry agendas at the beginning of the calendar year.
2. The Annual Meeting of the New Champions, the Forum’s annual meeting on innovation, science and technology, is held in the People’s Republic of China.
3. The Annual Meeting of the Global Future Councils, held in the United Arab Emirates, brings together the world’s leading knowledge community to share insights on the major challenges facing the world today.
4. The Industry Strategy Meeting brings together Industry Strategy Officers to shape industry agendas and explore how industries can shift from managing change to pioneering change.
In addition, regional meetings and national strategy days provide focused engagement on the issues dominating regional and local agendas.
An ongoing programme of workshops, seminars and meetings on issues relevant to each engagement provides opportunities to further drive purpose and action.
All of our interactions are fuelled by insights that are both broad and deep.
To support our role in setting priorities and connecting decision-makers, the Forum has built world-class research capabilities, producing cutting-edge data on some of the world’s most significant issues, including:
– Gender Parity
– Global Information Technology
A number of Forum communities, (such as the Network of Global Future Councils) are structured as “insight networks” designed to generate deep understanding of major issues and how these issues affect other global, regional or industry-specific challenges.
The World Economic Forum brings together decision-makers from across society to work on projects and initiatives that make a real difference.
Through collaboration between stakeholders with varied perspectives, our projects deliver concrete and sustainable results and make a positive impact at all levels of society.
Our comprehensive portfolio of some 50 projects is aligned around the world’s most pressing global challenges, regional issues in the local context, and industry transformations. They are designed to make meaningful and sustainable change.
Our meetings and projects bring together top leaders from all around the world in an atmosphere of trust. But they cannot always be in the same place at the same time. That is why leaders have the opportunity to collaborate on our proprietary platform, TopLink, the collaborative intelligence platform for global leaders.
Building on the Forum’s communities, events, research and projects, TopLink transforms the collective intelligence of our communities into dynamic, contextualized knowledge through our Transformation Maps.
The Forum’s Transformation Maps demonstrate the connections and relationships between economies, industries and global issues, and provide access to insights from world-class experts.
Furthermore, Transformation Maps facilitate online, one-on-one discussions among the world’s leading experts, technologists and business leaders.