Listen to the article
- Tune in 17 February 2022 to watch the two year celebration for UpLink.
- Hear from founders Professor Klaus Schwab, Punit Renjen and Marc Benioff.
- Find out more about UpLink here.
According to the latest edition of the World Economic Forum's Global Risk Report, the top 3 perceived risks faced by the world today are environmental. Meanwhile, as John Kerry, US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, said during the Forum's #COP26 Live, 50% of the carbon emission reductions needed to reach net-zero will come from technologies that are yet to be invented.
Many of the solutions needed for a just transition to a net-zero economy will come from entrepreneurs whose businesses are not just motivated by profit, but the desire to protect and restore our planet.
Since its launch two years ago, UpLink has been at the forefront of an entrepreneur revolution, identifying and enabling more than 200 Top Innovators across more than 10 SDG areas, supporting their efforts to scale and accelerate their impact.
Join this session at 17:00 CET on 17 February 2022 (live on this page) to hear from the founders of UpLink – Professor Klaus Schwab, Marc Benioff and Punit Renjen – about the next phase of UpLink’s trajectory, to meet UpLink’s latest cohort of Top Innovators from the Climate Justice challenge and to launch a call for Mental Health solutions run in collaboration with UNICEF.
- Emanuela Orsini, Digital Content Specialist at UpLink - World Economic Forum
- Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum
- Marc Benioff, Chair and Co-Chief Executive Officer, Salesforce
- Punit Renjen, Global Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte
- Catherine Russell, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Judith Marera, Founder and CEO, Lanforce Energy, Zimbabwe
- Jodie Wu, CEO, OffGridBox Inc., Rwanda
Don't miss any update on this topic
Create a free account and access your personalized content collection with our latest publications and analyses.
License and Republishing
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the World Economic Forum.