Explore and monitor how Financial and Monetary Systems is affecting economies, industries and global issues
Get involved with our crowdsourced digital platform to deliver impact at scale
Stay up to date:
Financial and Monetary Systems
Listen to the article
On behalf of the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance (CCAF) at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School, the World Bank Group and the World Economic Forum, we are delighted to invite you to the launch of the Global Covid-19 Fintech Market Impact and Industry Resilience Study. This session will present key findings, followed by a panel discussion.
As one of the largest empirical research undertakings on the effect of Covid-19 on the global fintech industry, this study draws upon panel data from 1,448 fintech firms from 192 countries. This study provides key insights into the medium- to long-term impact of the pandemic on the fintech industry, with special attention to fintech market performance, financial and operational performance indicators, reinforced demands for greater financial inclusion, and how government can support the quickly evolving fintech industry.
This study follows the Global Covid-19 FinTech Market Rapid Assessment Study published in November 2020, which focused on the short-term effects of Covid-19 on the fintech industry. Both studies were supported by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and the Ministry of Finance of Luxembourg.
Welcome and opening remarks:
- Andre Belelieu, Head of Insurance, Asset Management, and Institutional Investors, World Economic Forum
- Hunter Sims, Associate Director of Operations, CCAF
- Anderson Caputo Silva, Practice Manager in the Finance, Competitiveness & Innovation Global Practice, World Bank
- Arsène Jacoby, Director, Ministry of Finance, Luxembourg
- Sian Parkinson, Inclusive Digital Finance Lead, FCDO
Presentation of findings:
- Tania Ziegler, Head of Global Benchmarking, Senior Research Associate, Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance (CCAF), Cambridge Judge Business School
- Andre Belelieu, Head of Insurance, Asset Management, and Institutional Investors (Moderator), World Economic Forum
- Ana Fiorella Carvajal, Lead Financial Sector Specialist, World Bank Grou
- Ann-Elise Francis, Head of Growth, Turaco Insurance
- Felipe Lega Gutiérrez, Former Director, Unidad de Regulación Financiera (URF)
- Corrine Vitolo, North America Banking Industry Lead, Research & Innovation, Accenture
- Gerron Levi, Senior Vice President, Head of Government Affairs, American Fintech Council
- Brian Korn, Partner and Head of Fintech, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips
Don't miss any update on this topic
Create a free account and access your personalized content collection with our latest publications and analyses.
License and Republishing
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the World Economic Forum.
More on Financial and Monetary SystemsSee all
Karin Strohecker, Jorgelina Do Rosario and Libby George
February 26, 2024
February 23, 2024
February 21, 2024
Stephen Hall and Rebecca Geldard
February 19, 2024
February 16, 2024
February 16, 2024