COVID-19 is forcing us to rethink our plastic problem
The pandemic has ramped up our demand for plastics - and associated pollution. To get back on track, we're going to need a global, systems-level approach.
1994: Graduated from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) with a degree in International Economic Relations
2001: Received an MBA degree at IMD (International Institute for Management Development)
Career at SIBUR
• Since 2006 Dmitry Konov has been running SIBUR, Russia's largest integrated petrochemical company. Under his stewardship, the company has implemented dozens of investment projects and has been consistently showing unprecedented financial performance.
• Over the recent few years, Dmitry has served various management roles and sat on boards of various major Russian oil and gas, construction, and transportation companies.
• During his career span, Dmitry received a number of awards and commendations, such as the Order of Honour, the badge of honour of Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (its highest award), the Russian Government Award for the contribution to the development of the national framework for safe chemical management and the Order of Merit Decoration for Distinguished Service to the Tyumen Region.
• Outside work Dmitry enjoys academic, sporting and social activities. He is a basketball lover and the founder of SIBUR’s corporate basketball league. Dmitry is member of boards of trustees at MGIMO University, the Russian Basketball Federation, Graduate School of Management of St Petersburg University, and Gubkin National University of Oil and Gas
• Over the course of his professional career, Dmitry Konov earned a number of awards and acknowledgements, including a Badge of Honor from the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, a governmental award for contribution to the conceptual development of the national system of safe management of chemical products, and a Badge of Honor “For Merit to Tyumen Oblast”.
• Dmitry Konov is Chairman of the Board of Guardians for the Tyumen State University, and a member of the boards of guardians for the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), Higher School of Management of the Saint-Petersburg State University and the Russian State Oil and Gas University (NIU) named after I.M. Gubkin.