What do we want to achieve? Powerful global solutions to cyberthreats.
1. Reduce global cyberattacks by developing global security standards, policies and practices, and by promoting and implementing security by design
2. Contain current and future cyberattacks globally through intensified cooperation and information sharing
3. Deter cybercrime by heightening the risks associated with participating in illegal cyber activities by means of reinforced collaboration between public and private partners.
These efforts are negatively impacted by the lack of knowledge and human capital in business and government institutions.
One key focus of the Centre is to bridge the skills gap by producing a future pipeline of cybersecurity professionals. We leverage our convening power to mobilize the capabilities of a global network of partners from business, government, international organizations, academia and civil society to enhance and consolidate international security.
The Centre will:
1. Establish, activate and coordinate global public-private partnerships to encourage intelligence sharing and the development of cyber norms
2. Collectively develop, test and implement cutting-edge knowledge and tools to foresee and protect against cyberattacks, current and future
3. Implement global capacity-building and training programmes to produce the next generation of cybersecurity professionals
4. Establish, coordinate and facilitate a Global Rapid-Reaction Cybersecurity Task Force comprised of experts from our partner community to help mitigate the negative impact of severe global cyberattacks.