The Circular Transformation of Industries is a cross-industry multi-stakeholder initiative at the World Economic Forum that aims to enable a growing, resilient and sustainable economy through the adoption of circularity at scale.
We advance circularity to drive:
Resilience: Improving supply chain control, flexibility and responsiveness to shocks
New Sources of Revenue: Innovating with business models that generate new economic opportunities
Efficiency: Maximizing value from scarce resources
Sustainability: Reducing environmental footprint and delivering net-zero goals
Why is the Circular Transformation of Industries initiative needed?
Over the past 20+ years, businesses, industries, and governments have experimented with circularity initiatives mainly focused on waste management, missing the much broader systemic opportunity. True circular transformation requires a systems-wide change. Not only from waste management but from operations, manufacturing and business models. Systems change will come from a community that will drive progress at a global, cross-industry level.
How to engage?
For initiative leadership:
CEO in Steering Committee 2x/year, including once in Davos.
For initiative participation:
C-Suites in sessions at Forum events (Annual Meeting, SDIM, ISM, etc.)
VP/SVPs participate to community sessions every two months and appoint a team for consultations for a case study
Value for partners
For initiative leaders:
- Shape the agenda: select and shape the themes and issues that this community prioritizes, and inform the Forum’s strategic priorities to drive circularity
- Establish your company as a circularity leader by participating in public events and publications
For initiative participants:
- Gain strategic foresight and science backed insights into emerging trends, evidence, and implications for business
- Learn the “how to” and pathways to circularity: delve into proven success models and failed attempts
- Engage with leading experts and peers building a supportive network across sectors to drive circularity at the systems-level
To join a global coalition of leaders of circularity and to learn more this Initiative and how your organization can get involved please reach out to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org