The China Hub of Friends of Ocean Action seeks to engage motivated ocean action leaders in China from nongovernmental organizations, the business sector and academia.
Benefiting from and contributing to the different impact pillars of Friends of Ocean Action at the global and national levels, the Hub aims to:
• Expand and accelerate the important workstreams for ocean health and facilitate the deeper cooperation inside and outside China
• Leverage the expertise and perspective of ocean actors in China to advance ocean health
• Provide ocean actors in China with a platform for visibility and legitimacy
• Share and provide insights, best practices, and suggestions for further actions in China
• Timely thematic briefings
• Bi-monthly workshops
• Joint op-eds, agenda blogs, and articles
• Co-designed sessions/project proposals/initiatives and campions
The first cohort of the Hub members include 21 active ocean experts/practitioners who are seeking solutions in different fields for a healthy ocean in China. We welcome more dedicated actioners especially corporate members to join this Hub. If you would like to get involved, feel free to contact us.