Global value chains are enormously complex, yet must deliver ever-increasing sustainability goals, drive continued efficiency, and be able to withstand shocks such as the COVID-19 pandemic. Many companies struggle to deliver against all these goals simultaneously. Traceability is a key driver to a more circular economy: better tracing where inputs come from, and where they go, can identify opportunities to reduce, reuse, remanufacture, or recycle. Traceability is also critical to drive more efficient and resilient supply chains, which companies must also deliver alongside improved sustainability.
- Launch and grow a Traceability Community to accelerate a manufacturing and supply chain revolution focused on scaling digital traceability for greater sustainability, circularity, efficiency, and resiliency
- Identify accelerators (and barriers) to leverage digital traceability to unlock new models of reduce, reuse, recycle and remanufacture in production sectors
- Develop partnerships with upstream, downstream, and tech partners to pilot solutions that measurably increase the sustainability, resilience and economic impact of value chains
- Pragmatic traceability solutions that are designed and deployed to solve the primary barriers to scaling traceability with active community engagement
- A set of best practices and use cases with the most traction codified and shared
- A Traceability Academy for training and executive workshops
To learn more about how to engage, please contact us at Future_Production@weforum.org.