I have been a Senior Researcher at CWI and QuSoft since January 2017, where my main areas of interest are quantum algorithms and cryptographic protocols, and models of quantum computation. Before that, I was an IQIM Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute for Quantum Information and Matter (IQIM) at Caltech. I received my PhD from the University of Waterloo in 2014, where I was affiliated with the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC), supervised by Michele Mosca, and informally co-advised by Frédéric Magniez.
- With Julia Cramer, I co-founded WIQD (Women in Quantum Development), a professional network for women in all areas of quantum technology.
- I was a founding editor of Quantum – the open journal for quantum science.
- I am on the steering committee of QCrypt, and I am Chair of the steering committee of TQC.
- I am on the Lorentz Center Informatics Advisory board.
- I am a CIFAR Fellow in the Quantum Information Science Program.