Conserving and restoring mangrove forests to enhance the blue carbon market and ultimately strengthen the resilience of coastal ecosystems and communities
Friends of Ocean Action, in collaboration with 1t.org, has created the Mangroves Working Group to raise ambition and deliver action towards the conservation and restoration of mangrove forests. The group will enable companies and investors to contribute to the conservation and restoration of mangrove forests with support from non-profit actors that provide complementary expertise and networks. It will also build the capacity of the demand side of the blue carbon market and connect it to mangrove-related platforms and projects.
The Mangroves Working Group will be accepting new corporate members that want to join the working group to elevate the agenda of mangrove conservation and restoration.
- Bertarelli Foundation
- Carbon and Oxygen Restoration of the Ocean and Air (COROA)
- Conservation International
- Fair Carbon
- GIB Asset Management
- Iberostar Group
- Mangrove Action Project
- Masselaz SA
- Pew Charitable Trust
- Sasakawa Peace Foundation
- Saudi Aramco
- The Nature Conservancy
How you can get involved:
We are currently seeking corporate members to join this working group and engage in thought leadership, working group meetings, public speaking opportunities, and other activities to elevate the agenda of mangrove conservation and restoration. Please contact us for more information.
- Read the High-Quality Blue Carbon Principles and Guidance
- Learn more from our Corporate Champion of the Mangroves Working Group: What are blue carbon credits and how to maximise their impact
- Learn more about the importance of mangroves in this video
- Watch this session from Davos 2022 to learn how to unlock the potential of blue carbon
- Check out this short clip for a brief introduction to blue carbon
- Explore stunning photographs to see why mangroves are vital to the planet