We recently published a list of the best colleges in America.
College Board also kept track of the most popular majors at each college, and there we found which of our best colleges were the most popular places to study business. College Board lists business and marketing as one major, so these are the top colleges from our list of the best colleges where the most students study business and/or marketing.
University of Pennsylvania, home to the Wharton School of Business, the world’s first collegiate business school, came in at No. 9 on our list of best colleges, but rises up to No. 1 in terms of the percentage of students who study business and/or marketing (21%). Georgetown University jumped 10 spots to No. 2, as 22% of its students major in business/marketing at its McDonough School of Business.
Here are the 25 best colleges where the most students study business:
1. University of Pennsylvania
2. Georgetown University
3. University of Notre Dame
4. Georgia Institute of Technology
5. Washington University in St. Louis
6. University of Virginia
7. New York University
8. Northeastern University
9. Emory University
10. University of Southern California
11. Boston College
12. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
13. Wake Forest University
14. University of Texas at Austin
15. Babson College
16. Lehigh University
17. Boston University
18. Villanova University
19. Purdue University
20. Washington and Lee University
21. Pennsylvania State University
22. Claremont McKenna College
23. University of Wisconsin at Madison
24. College of William and Mary
25. George Washington University
This article is published in collaboration with Business Insider UK. Publication does not imply endorsement of views by the World Economic Forum.
To keep up with the Agenda subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Author: Tanza Loudenback writes for the lists team at Business Insider.
Image: Profile of students taking their seats for the diploma ceremony at Harvard University in Cambridge REUTERS/Brian Snyder.