The World Economic Forum evaluates all candidates against the community’s selection criteria.
- Innovation: truly innovative in bringing to market technology with an effective business model; considered a technology leader in its field.
- Impact: has the potential to make a substantial long-term impact on business and society.
- Growth company: less than 10 years old from company inception; be an independent, privately held company.
- Leadership: visionary leadership with the ability to drive the company to success, and be able to contribute time and expertise to the Forum’s work.
- Funding: Has received a solid amount of funding yet earlier in their start-up phase (generally Series A or B)
- Valuation: Less than $1 billion