Career and education:
Executive manager committed to enabling the digital transformation in Oman and to contributing to its economic development, while building up skilled local workforce in the Sultanate. As Siemens Oman CEO, Claudia drives business in key growth areas, including power distribution, smart grid, smart buildings, control and automation, and digital solutions for manufacturing, water management and oil&gas. She assumed her role after working with Siemens in Germany, Denmark and China for various business lines.
Originally from Brazil, she commenced her career in strategy consulting, undertaking assignments in France, Morocco, South Africa and the United States, besides her home country. She has subsequently co-founded a SaaS (software as a service) edtech startup in Brazil, Eduqo, which she ran for a couple of years before joining Siemens.
Claudia holds an Aeronautical Engineering Degree from Instituto Tecnologico de Aeronautica, an MBA from the Wharton School and an MA in International Studies from the Lauder Institute, University of Pennsylvania.
Memberships and distinctions:
• Member of the WEF Global Future Councils on Energy Technologies
• Co-chair of Industrial Advisory Board at Sultan Qaboos University
• Member of the Oman Taskforce for the WEF initiative “Closing the future skills gap”
• Fundação Estudar Fellow
• Mentor at Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
• Global Advisory Council Member at Steering for Greatness Foundation
• 2020 Forbes 100 Most Powerful Businesswomen in the Middle East
Expertise and interests:
• Cultural diversity/international career/languages/travel
• Technology, science and innovation
• Social-economic development/emerging economies
• Dance and theater