10 Apr 2017
Vivian Yang, Media Team, World Economic Forum, Tel.: +41 (0)22 869 3534, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017 will take place in Dalian, People’s Republic of China, 27-29 June
· Media accreditation for this event is now open, sign up at: www.weforummedia.org
· For more information, please visit : http://wef.ch/amnc17
Geneva, Switzerland, 10 April 2017 – The 11th World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017 will be held on 27-29 June in Dalian, People’s Republic of China. Over 2,000 participants from more than 90 countries are expected to join for a global experience that addresses today’s interconnected global issues – economic, political, societal and environmental.
Convening under the theme, Achieving Inclusive Growth in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the meeting aims to help leaders prepare for the future by identifying areas for collaboration and reducing any negative impact of the fundamental transformation the world is undergoing, to build positive pathways for economic growth and development.
The three-day programme will focus on three key areas:
• Enabling emerging technologies: How are industry investment, public awareness and policy innovation enabling the growth and uptake of critical technologies?
• Rethinking inclusive growth: How can business and government work together to respond to the distributional effects of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, including the impact on jobs?
• Preparing for systems leadership: How can leaders anticipate technology tipping points and their systemic impact on business models and value creation?
The Co-Chairs of the Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017 are:
• Cao Xuetao, President, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences;
• Jean Liu, President, Didi Chuxing, People’s Republic of China ;
• Maria-Elena Torres-Padilla, Director, Epigenetics and Stem Cells, Helmholtz Institute Munich, Germany;
• Shu Yianbiao, Chairman, State Grid Corporation of China;
• Vishal Sikka, Chief Executive Officer, Infosys, USA;
• Xu Jinhong, Chairman, Tsinghua Holdings, People’s Republic of China.
Media accreditation for this event is now open. If you wish to cover the event, please submit your accreditation request online at www.weforummedia.org. Deadline for media accreditation is Friday 9 June 2017. No accreditation will be done on site. All accreditation requests are subject to final confirmation by the World Economic Forum.
Notes to Editors:
Follow the Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2017 at http://wef.ch/amnc17
View the best Forum Flickr photos at http://wef.ch/pix
Watch live webcasts of sessions at http://wef.ch/live
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
Read the Forum Agenda at http://wef.ch/agenda
Subscribe to Forum news releases at http://wef.ch/news