Micol Lucchi, Public Engagement, Tel. +41 (0)79 571 8309, E-mail: email@example.com
· The World Economic Forum invites the public to join a discussion at the India Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) in New Delhi, India, on 4 October 2017
· In partnership with the Department of Management Studies of the IIT Delhi, the Forum is addressing India’s unique window of opportunity to convert its demographic advantage into a dividend
· To participate in person, register for the Open Forum here
New Delhi, India, 2 October 2017 – For the first time, the World Economic Forum, together with the Department of Management Studies of the India Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi), invites the public to join an Open Forum session on My India @2022 at the IIT Delhi campus. The Open Forum will take place on Wednesday 4 October from 14.30 to 16.00. This special session was developed to give students, entrepreneurs, young professionals and the general public an opportunity to discuss their vision of India by 2022.
The session is related to the India Economic Summit, taking place in New Delhi on 4-6 October under the theme Creating Indian Narratives on Global Challenges.
Join a panel of inspirational leaders, entrepreneurs and thinkers:
· Smriti Zubin Irani, Minister of Textiles, Information and Broadcasting of India and World Economic Forum Young Global Leader
· Jayant Sinha, Minister of State for Civil Aviation of India
· Anu Acharya, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, mapmygenome.in, India and World Economic Forum Young Global Leader
· Hari S. Bhartia, Founder and Co-Chairman, Jubilant Bhartia Group, India
· Utkarsh Amitabh, Founder, Network Capital, India and member of The World Economic Forum Global Shapers Community
· Moderated by: Ronojoy Bannerjee, Corporate Editor and News Anchor, CNBC-TV18, India
With two-thirds of India’s 1.3 billion people under the age of 35, the country has a window of opportunity to convert this demographic advantage into a dividend. This panel will look at how the country can create a New India to which young people can aspire. Transforming education and employability, enabling innovation and entrepreneurship, and empowering youth through sports, arts and culture will be the keys to finding answers to this question.
To join My India @2022 in person, register here or make sure to have your 2017 India Economic Summit badge with you. The Open Forum will be held on Wednesday 4 October 2017 at 14.30 - 16.00 (doors open at 13.30) in the Seminar Hall of the Main Building Complex at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi), New Delhi, India. This session will also be webcast live at http://wef.ch/ies17.
Following the success of the Open Forum sessions at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, the Forum is bringing its publicly accessible, open-debate format to its regional meetings for the first time. Since 2003, the Open Forum has brought together leaders from all walks of life: government officials, artists, civil society leaders, entrepreneurs and chief executive officers of multinational companies. The sessions are designed to engage a diverse global public and facilitate the sharing of a broad range of ideas, experiences and stories on pressing and controversial issues.
Notes to Editors
· More information about the summit at http://wef.ch/ies17
· Watch live webcasts of sessions and read our live blog at http://wef.ch/live
· Learn how to follow and embed the summit at www.wef.ch/howtofollow
· View the best Forum photos at http://wef.ch/pics
· Read the Forum Agenda at http://wef.ch/agenda
· Subscribe to Forum news releases at http://wef.ch/news