Geneva and Beijing, 8 October 2021 – The 14th World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of the New Champions will be held in a hybrid format on 16-18 November in Tianjin, People’s Republic of China. It will be the Forum’s first hybrid global meeting since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. The meeting will bring together over 500 leaders representing the world’s largest businesses as well as public figures from around the globe, leading economists, scientists, academics and media leaders.
Convening under the theme, Championing a New Sustainable Innovation Agenda, participants at the 2021 meeting will focus on concrete and tangible innovations and policies that accelerate the transformation to a technologically enabled sustainable future.
Key topics on the agenda will include:
– China’s economic outlook in the context of regional and global trends
– Evolutions in China’s investment landscape and regulatory reform
– Innovations in advanced manufacturing and the digitalization of industries and workforces
– Future-ready small and medium enterprises for a thriving business ecosystem
– Building momentum for sustainability reporting and green investment in China
– Transforming digital, inclusive and carbon-neutral cities
– Pathways to carbon neutrality through energy transitions and nature-based solutions
Media accreditation for this event is now open. If you are a member of the media and wish to cover the event in person, please submit your accreditation request online at www.weforummedia.org. Please note that due to space constraints linked to COVID-19 health measures, all accreditation requests are subject to final confirmation by the World Economic Forum. The deadline for in-person media accreditation is Friday 29 October. No accreditation will be done on-site. You should plan to arrive early afternoon on Monday 15 November to perform the COVID-19 health and safety measures required to join the meeting. More specific details will be shared upon registration. If you are joining us virtually, please sign up here.
Notes to editors
Read the Forum Agenda also in Mandarin | Japanese
Learn about the Forum’s impact
Check out the Forum’s Strategic Intelligence Platform and Transformation Maps
Follow the Forum on Twitter via @wef@davos | Instagram | LinkedIn | TikTok | Weibo | Podcasts
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook
Watch Forum videos
Subscribe to Forum news releases and Podcasts