- World Economic Forum has launched podcast focused on the coronavirus pandemic.
- 'World vs Virus' will feature weekly interviews with global experts.
- It will tackle healthcare, science, economics - and ask: what happens next?
News on the coronavirus changes constantly. Keeping pace with those shifts is hard enough. Considering how they'll impact our lives in the months and years ahead can seem impossible.
A new podcast from the World Economic Forum hopes to change that. World vs Virus will go beyond the ever-changing headlines and help listeners understand how the pandemic is reshaping society, business and the economy.
In the first episode, the economist Nouriel Roubini explains why the economic impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus will be different than anything we have seen before, and a mental health expert gives tips on staying sane.
Hosted by World Economic Forum editor Robin Pomeroy and published every week, the podcast puts the news in context with insights and analysis from top global experts in economics, technology, health and culture as well as the World Economic Forum’s reporters and editors.
Host: Robin Pomeroy
This week's guests:
News we'll put into context:
- 3 charts that helped change coronavirus policy in the UK and US
- Coronavirus: China report no new local transmissions, but 34 cases from abroad
- WHO coronavirus briefing: Isolation, testing and tracing comprise the 'backbone' of response
- The World Health Organization has called on countries to ‘test, test, test’ for coronavirus - this is why