The pandemic has brought global travel to a halt, grounded many flights, and left seafarers stranded onboard ships for months—leading to disrupted supply chains and fragile economies. Coordinated global action is urgently needed to safely reopen borders and restore the movement of essential goods and workers across the land, air, and sea borders. For global travel and trade to return to pre-pandemic levels safely, travelers, governments, and industries will need a harmonized, standards-based model for health status verification. Members of the CommonTrust Network will discuss how this can happen.
- Stephen Cotton, General Secretary, International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
- Gloria Guevara, CEO and President, World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC)
- Dangui Oduber, Minister for Health, Tourism and Sport of Aruba
- Christoph Wolff, Head of Mobility, World Economic Forum
- Paul Meyer, CEO, The Commons Project