This council will explore the future of production systems, comprising the following elements:
- Impact of emerging technologies and innovation on value chains
- Future of jobs in manufacturing and the need for an upgraded skillset
- Environmental sustainability and new approaches to sustainable production
- Governance structure and regulations to enable innovation and future production
- Role of trade and capital flows in future production systems and impact on global economy
- Ongoing changes in consumer behavior and influence on new approaches to production
- Challenges for small and medium enterprises to stay relevant in future value chains
- New opportunities for public private collaboration within the space of production
Paul Beecher, Project Lead, Future of Production Technologies, Government Engagement, Paul.Beecher@weforum.org
Francisco Betti, Lead, Government Engagement, Francisco.Betti@weforum.org
Today in Africa, only one in five people are in paid employment. How can the continent boost industry enough to create more jobs?
The world could see its first trillionaire in 25 years, yet 1 in 10 of us still earns less than $2 a day. We need to break this cycle for the benefit of humanity.